Finding and playing movies
ViewShare and uploads
Using Voddler on my computer, mobile, tablet or TV
- Voddler's platforms
- Voddler Technical Requirements
- Optimize your video settings
- Connect your computer to your TV
Voddler's offers and how to pay on Voddler
My account and connecting to social networks
Voddler's streaming technology, VoddlerNet
Error Codes and Known Issues
- Error Code 1238
- Error code 2121
- Error code 4004
- Error code 7707
- Error code 7722
- Offline mode doesn't work in Chrome
- Can't login with Facebook Connect on mobile apps
- Iphone Error codes
- Slow surfing with ComHem modems
- Issues with playing movies while not logged in
- I only get a black screen! And if I do get a movie to play, it is choppy.
- How can I find the movie I saw earlier? How do I continue where I stopped watching?
- Do I have to be a member to use Voddler? What does it cost?
- I don't remember my username or password!
- How can I pay for my rental movie? Do I have to register a credit card?
- My payment was refused! What went wrong?
- I wanted to download my movie instead of streaming it– but the download didn’t work. What can I do?
- Can I use Voddler in my country?
- I don't want more newsletters from Voddler!
- I want to cancel my Voddler Plus monthly payment!
- How do I change my e-mailaddress?
- I want to cancel my Voddler account completely!
- I get stuck on some % when starting a movie. How do I fix this?
- Do you have HD and surround sound?
- I want to uninstall your streaming solution VoddlerNet from my computer!
- Do all films have subtitles?
- Where are the free films?
- Jag har ett 3-abonnemang med Voddler - men det funkar inte som det ska.
- Why doesn’t Voddler work on Linux-platforms?
- How It Works
- I have problem with installation of the Offline Player
- Email notifications
Voddler Technical Requirements
Minimum requirements for Windows
- Intel Core Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200+ processor
- 128MB of RAM
- 64MB of VRAM
Minimum requirements for Mac
- Intel Core Duo 2.66GHz processor (or equivalent)
- 512MB of RAM
- 128MB of VRAM
Voddler works on following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
Note: Voddler does not yet work on Microsoft Windows 8 Beta.
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later with Intel processor
Voddler works on the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Firefox 3.x or later
- Chrome 2.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.x
- Safari 3.x or higher
Bandwidth and hard drive space
For an optimal viewing experience, we recommend a stable connection of 3,5 Mbit/s. Voddler does work on lower bandwidth connections, as long as those connections are stable and uniterrupted. To check your current bandwidth visit www.bredbandskollen.se or www.speedtest.net.
When watching Voddler on a PC/Mac, we also recommend that you have 13 GB of free space on your harddrive to be able to use Voddler. More importantly, you need to have a minimum of 2 GB of free space on your C: drive for the Adobe Air temp files to be stored. (None of this applies to watching Voddler on mobile devices.)
We ask for this space on your computer because every time you play a movie some pieces of the movie will be stored temporarily on your computer. (More about how our streaming solution VoddlerNet works is here.)
How to change the firewall/antivirus settings
Consult your firewall/antivirus manual. We are currently in the process of testing all of the most common firewalls/antivirus/operating systems but we will not be able to include every possible configuration.
Please note that the Voddler-stream is a safe, non-virus stream. Since Voddler is communicating constantly, some antivirus programs might, wrongly, accuse Voddler of being a Trojan.
If you need to open ports in your router to make Voddler work:
These are the ports in your router that VoddlerNet uses:
- External ports: All ten ports in the interval 42042 ... 42051, they must be open for both incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Internal ports: 19035 and 51116, they are used for communication between VoddlerNet and other programs.
You may get the message that your firewall program has detected "a recent attack" and blocked Voddler
The firewall (mistakenly) identifies Voddler as a Trojan. You need to edit your firewall settings to let Voddler through. If you have Mac, you’ll find this under System Settings. If you have PC, you usually find this under Start and your control panel.