Privacy and security have become critical issues for internet users in today’s digital world. In the age of cyber-attacks and data breaches, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is essential to protect your online activities. It enables you to access the internet from a remote server, hiding your IP address, location, and online activities from prying eyes. Most reliable VPN services are paid ones with a pricy monthly fee, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SUrfshark and so on. ExpressVPN offers users a secure, encrypted internet connection, protecting their privacy and allowing them to access content and websites that may restrict their location. Some of its highlighted features include:
- It promises to offer fast and stable connections, even in areas with high internet traffic.
- It has servers in over 94 countries, providing users with various options for accessing content from different regions.
- Ensures the security of online activities by using the latest encryption protocols.
- Even while traveling, listen to and stream censored and blocked content.
- Change your IP address and location without revealing your actual IP address.
However, ExpressVPN is considered a very expensive option for users with a lower budget. If you are searching for VPNs with much lower cost but beyond medium quality, take a look at the following Best Free VPNs that can be ideal alternatives to ExpressVPN.
Top 3 Free Alternatives to ExpressVPN
1. iTop VPN Free
With iTop VPN, you can surf the Internet anytime and anywhere with complete anonymity for free. It is 100% free to use for certain servers. You can browse the Internet with no restrictions on content or websites by just clicking the smart connection button. With high-speed servers located all around the globe, you can get the best browsing experience possible for free.
iTop VPN offers a simple one-click connection to smartly connect to the server with ideal speed and security. It is an ideal VPN software for Windows PC specifically. Here you can Download VPN for PC Windows, Mac, and iOS, and you can access the Internet worldwide safely and securely.
Why is iTop VPN a great free alternative to ExpressVPN?
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously, allowing you to stay connected wherever and whenever.
- With 1800+ VPN servers in 100+ locations, you can access any content anywhere in the world.
- Safe VPN protects your data with advanced features such as ad blocking, split tunneling, and a kill switch.
- An iOS, Mac, and Windows VPN that is safe.
- It has dedicated IP addresses for games, streaming, and social media.
A convenient choice for personal and business use, it provides a variety of server locations, fast speeds, and easy-to-use apps.
How to use iTop VPN to connect to different global servers?
Step 1: Go to the official iTop VPN website and download it.
Step 2: Open the VPN; it will display your real IP address. Select a server from the list of available servers.
Step 3: Select “Connect” to begin connecting to the server.
iTop offers anti-malware protection as well as Browser Privacy and Ad Block functions. These features block harmful links and ads and clean up residual browser traces.
- You can block ads, split tunnels, and use the Kill Switch
- A budget-friendly option
- Fast and efficient
- You can try it for free
- Data bandwidth is unlimited
- Easily navigable
- A hundred and more locations
- There’s no live chat.
2. Urban VPN
Urban VPN keeps you safe. Whether you’re browsing at home, on the go, or using public Wi-Fi, Urban VPN encrypts your data so you can stay secure and anonymous. With Urban VPN, your IP address is hidden, and all your online activity is kept private, so you don’t have to worry about being tracked or monitored.
The following are key features of Urban VPN:
- Ensures privacy by using AES-256 encryption to secure user data.
- Allows users to bypass geo-restrictions and censorship by accessing servers in over 80 countries.
- Connecting to the VPN is easy with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android apps.
- Allows users to browse, stream, and download content without buffering.
- Ensures users’ online activities are private by not keeping logs of their online activities.
The steps to set up Urban VPN for Windows are as follows:
- Install Urban VPN on your Windows computer.
- Select Urban-VPN from the taskbar by right-clicking.
- Here you can choose the VPN geography of your choice.
- Exceptional VPN speeds
- The possibilities are truly endless
- A safe and secure environment
- Access to any website for free
- Split tunneling and kill switches are not included.
Hide.me is a VPN service provider offering online privacy, security, and freedom from Internet censorship. It allows users to encrypt their online connection and securely and anonymously access content from anywhere in the world. VPN connections on multiple devices are unlimited, fast, and stable with hide.me.
Features of Hide.me VPN:
- With the help of secure encryption, you can keep your data safe from prying eyes online.
- All devices are compatible with it, so you can feel safe wherever you go.
- You can access your data as often as possible since there is no bandwidth limit.
- You’ll never have to worry about your data’s location with a fixed address.
Hide.me VPN for Windows can be set up as follows:
Step 1: You’ll need to download the Hide.me VPN app from the website.
Step 2: Once that’s done, ensure you have a secure login and password.
Step 3: After that, simply follow the installation instructions to install the app on your Windows device.
- A very low number of logs
- Enhanced security and features
- A regulatory environment that respects the privacy
- The IPv6 protocol is supported
- A random app crash occurs
- Kill switch malfunction
If you’re looking for a reliable and secure free VPN, you can always try freemium first before going to expensive pad ones. Free VPNs such as iTop VPN can offer top-notch protection and fast speeds to browse the web quickly and safely. With no monthly fees or strings attached, as well as super easy access, why not?