You may be worried that someone is spying on your smartphone. These days, almost anyone can hack your mobile device if they use the right tools. In addition to that, you can find more and more information on how to spy a phone without access. But what to do if you want to prevent them from doing it? Here you can find some information that should help you protect yourself from someone hacking your mobile phone.
1. Set a Different Password
It may be surprising, but phone spying is often done by the people closest to you rather than strangers. It means that these individuals know their victim`s password, and this is how they can access the device. Therefore, telling someone your password makes you vulnerable to mobile phone spying.
If you change your passcode, you will prevent others from looking through your device. It will also make it more difficult for them to install a spy application that secretly steals your chat history, passwords, pictures, emails, videos, etc.
You should also make sure that your password is strong with at least seven characters. You should never pick something that will be easy for others who knows you well.
2. Restart Your Smartphone
Even though this tip seems incredibly simple and will not do anything, our mobile devices are constantly on. We often keep them charging most of the day or charge them overnight. A lot of spy applications rely on smartphones being switched for hours. In some cases, you are able to stop the app from spying on your phone by simply restarting it.
3. Update Your Phone and Applications
One more simple step is to update your smartphone with the newest software. Manufacturers keep releasing new updates to help users protect their devices from up-to-date hacking methods and spy software.
Some hackers rely on older versions of software when they try to bypass the in-built security. The same is true for applications, so you should make sure that all of them are up to date.
4. Scan Your Phone for Spyware
If you think that someone is spying on your smartphone, the best thing you can do is to scan it. Thanks to this, any spying software is going to be highlighted, as well as other weaknesses in the security of your device. It is possible to do that for both Android and iOS utilizing special tools.
How Can I Figure Out Whether My Phone Is Being Monitored By Others?
There are many ways to figure out the presence of malicious software on your mobile device. Here, you can find a few signs that may mean that a spy application runs in your smartphone:
- You notice unusual activity when it is on standby. When your phone is controlled by tools remotely, there will be strange activities, such as taking pictures when it is supposed to be on standby. Moreover, the smartphone can reboot itself without your consent. You will definitely notice this kind of thing.
- Spikes of data usage. It is one more common sign to pay attention to when searching for tips on how to stop others from spying on your mobile device. If you see unusually high internet data usage even when you do not spend more time online, it is highly likely spyware. Some spy tools utilize significant amounts of data for sending a lot of data on your mobile device and back to the base. Thanks to this, there are spikes in data usage on your smartphone.
- Battery drains. If you see that the battery of your smartphone drains even when you do not use it much, it may mean that someone has installed a spy application on it. The thing is that it is normal for you to notice drains in the battery if you surf the internet for hours or keep chatting on social media all the time. But if you see that the battery is draining even when you do not use it much, the reason may be spyware.
- Strange apps. You may notice applications that you never installed on your phone, and it may be one more sign that someone is spying on your device. That is why you should check the list of your apps from time to time.