We all know that weddings are very special occasions in everyone’s life and need to be recorded from start to end. These recorded photos and videos allow you to watch your own wedding when you’re very unlikely to forget it.
Unfortunately, there are many married couples who have lost their wedding memories because of any reason. They even don’t know how to recover deleted photos or videos from Windows 10 PC or digital cameras. Don’t worry if you’re facing such an issue, we are here to help you out. There are several recovery methods and software, like Stellar Photo Recovery, that you can use to recover deleted photos and videos.
Here, in this article, we have provided you with some quick methods that you can apply to recover your wedding photos and video files. These methods will help you to recover photos and videos from an SD card, USB flash drive, or any other storage device.
Why do Wedding Photos and Videos Get Deleted?
Before you learn different options for video and photo recovery for Windows devices, you must know the common causes of such situations. There are several reasons why your wedding photos and videos get deleted from your system. Some of these are given below:
- Accidental deletion of videos and pictures
- Formatting of the storage media can also cause the deletion of media files
- Virus or malware attack on your PC
- Incomplete or Improper photos or video file transfer
- Sudden power failure while downloading or transferring photos and videos
- Windows OS crash
- Your Hard drive might get fail or get corrupted due to overheating, moisture, etc.
How to Recover Deleted Wedding Photos from Windows PC?
In order to successfully recover deleted photos and videos on Windows PC, you need to apply some recovery methods. You can recover deleted wedding memories either from the Recycle Bin of Windows 10 PC or using a professional media files recovery tool. Go through the steps mentioned in the following methods to get your deleted wedding photos and videos back.
Method 01: Recover deleted photos and videos from Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin folder in your Windows 10 PC stores the recently deleted files for 30 days. After that, Windows will automatically delete the files from your system. When you found that your photos and videos are deleted, check if they are available in Recycle Bin.
In such cases, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to restore deleted files from Recycle Bin:
- Firstly, double-click the recycle bin folder on your Windows 10 PC to open it.
- Locate and right-click on the deleted photos and videos in the recycle bin that you want to recover.
- Select the “Restore” option to save the recovered file at the original location.
Method 02: Try the Backup and Restore option
If you back up your computer on regular basis, it will help you in video and photo recovery for Windows systems. Windows 10 OS comes with an in-built backup and recovery tool, that you can use to retrieve deleted photos and video files. All you have to do is:
- Connect the storage media that contains the backup to your Windows PC.
- Right-click the Windows Start button appearing in the bottom-left corner. Then select Control Panel and go to System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
- Now, select one among the “Restore my files” or “Restore all users’ files” options.
- Click on the “Browse for files” or “Browse for folders” option to search for your deleted photos and videos. If you opted to browse for folder, you cannot see individual files.
- At last, select the recoverable files and tap the “Restore” button to recover them.
Method 03: Use Windows File History Option
Along with the backup option, Windows 10 also offer a File History feature that you can use to recover deleted photos on your device. This feature is available in both Windows 8 and Windows 10 OS. Go through the following steps for videos and photo recovery for Windows PC using File History:
- First, open the folder on your computer where deleted photos and videos were stored.
- Now, type “Restore your files with File History” in the Windows search box.
- In the search bar, type the name of the file/folder that you need to recover and tap Enter button. This will display the versions of files and folders that you can recover.
- Select the photos and videos that you have to restore. Press the “Restore” button to save them to their original locations.
If you need to restore the files to a different location, keep pressing or right-clicking the Restore button. From the Restore To option, select the storage location where you have to save the recoverable files.
Method 04: Try Professional Photo Recovery Software
If the above video or photo recovery for Windows methods fail to undelete your media files, you should try the Photo recovery tool. Among various tools available to recover deleted wedding photos on Windows devices, we recommend you to use Stellar Photo recovery software. This photo recovery program is mainly known for the features that it provides to its users. It completely scans your device and gets those photos back when other methods fail.
Follow the below-mentioned easy steps to recover deleted Wedding photos & videos from Windows 10 PC:
- Download, install and launch Stellar Photo Recovery software on your Windows PC.
- Select the location from where you need to restore deleted photos and videos. Click the “Scan” button.
- Preview the recoverable media files once the scanning process finishes.
- Select the photo and video files that you want to recover and click the “Recover” button to save them at the desired location.
Why Stellar Photo Recovery software to Recover Deleted Wedding Photos on Windows PC?
Some amazing features that make this software different from others are given below:
- It recovers photos of unlimited file formats including JPEG, PNG, RAW, and many more.
- You can recover videos in several formats including MP4, MOV, MKV, etc.
- The software can recover your deleted photos and videos from HDD, SSD, USB Drives, SD Cards, and other storage devices.
- Compatible with Windows 11,10, and other lower Windows OS versions.
- Supports file recovery from Encrypted Drives, including HDD, SSD, flash drive, or SD card.
- The software is available in different versions; you can select the best one as per your need.
How to Prevent Data Loss on Your Windows 10 PC?
We all know- “Prevention is better than cure.” This also applies when it comes to data. Although digital data is always vulnerable to lose and unauthorized access, you can prevent it by applying some simple hacks and practices. Given below are some useful tips that are extremely useful in preventing data loss.
Make Regular Backups
As mentioned, having a backup of your data regularly can help you to prevent situations like data loss. Windows backup feature helps you to keep your data in the most updated state. Along with recovering deleted files, you can use the backup to protect your data from unauthorized access.
Safeguard Your Data Using External Devices
You can reduce the chances of data loss by saving them to external storage devices. If you store your device on external devices, like Hard Drives, USBs, and SD cards, it prevents instances like data loss.
Label Your Storage Devices
It is good practice to label your Hard Drives as it helps you remember the files and folders you have stored in them. If any of the storage devices gets corrupted, labelling will help you to know what is stored in it, so you won’t mistakenly overwrite it.
The above-mentioned methods will definitely help you to recover deleted wedding photos and videos from Windows 10 PC. Data loss can occur anytime on your device, so always make a habit to create a backup of your files, so you can use them in the future. Along with the methods to undelete photos and videos on your Windows system, we have provided tips by which you can prevent photos loss on it. Software like Stellar photo recovery can also help you to get your pictures and video files back when other methods fail. Must give this amazing software a try!