Discover the true power of dexterity in Elden Ring! This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know about this essential stat and how to make the most of it in your gameplay.
Dexterity in Elden Ring
Dexterity is a crucial stat in Elden Ring that has a significant impact on your character’s combat abilities. It mainly affects your damage output with certain weapons and your character’s overall agility. To put it simply, the higher your dexterity, the more agile and nimble your character becomes, allowing you to wield dexterity-based weapons with greater efficiency.
Key Points About Dexterity in Elden Ring
- Dexterity and Strength are both essential stats that determine your damage output with specific weapons.
- Higher Dexterity allows you to use a more extensive variety of fast weapons.
- Scaling values (E, D, C, B, A, S) show how much extra damage a weapon will inflict based on the corresponding stat.
- Higher Dexterity generally leads to reduced spell casting time and reduced fall damage.
How Dexterity Affects Weapons and Damage
In Elden Ring, certain weapons scale better with Dexterity, while others scale better with Strength. The scaling values determine how much additional damage your weapon will inflict based on the corresponding stat. These values range from lowest to highest: E, D, C, B, A, S.
When a weapon has a high Dexterity scaling, it means that it will benefit significantly from your character’s Dexterity stat. As your Dexterity increases, so does the damage output of these weapons. It’s essential to understand which weapons work best with high Dexterity to make the most of your character’s abilities.
Best Dexterity-Based Weapons in Elden Ring
There are numerous dexterity-based weapons in Elden Ring that can help you maximize your damage output. Some of the best ones include:
- Moonveil Katana
- Hand of Malenia
- Wing of Astel
- Cross Naginata
- Eleonora’s Poleblade
- Bloodhound’s Fang
- Godskin Peeler
To maximize your damage output with these weapons, make sure to invest in leveling up your Dexterity stat and prioritize finding weapons with high Dexterity scaling.
Leveling Up Dexterity: Tips and Soft Caps
When leveling up your character in Elden Ring, it’s essential to understand the concept of “soft caps.” A soft cap is a point at which investing more points in a particular stat has diminishing returns. For Dexterity, the soft cap is generally around 40, meaning that beyond this point, you will see less significant improvements to your damage output with Dexterity-based weapons.
To effectively level up Dexterity, follow these tips:
- Invest in Dexterity early on if you plan to use Dexterity-based weapons.
- Monitor your weapon’s scaling values to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Dexterity investment.
- Keep an eye on the soft cap and consider diversifying your stats once you reach it.
Dexterity Builds and Strategies
When creating a dexterity build in Elden Ring, consider these strategies to maximize your character’s potential:
- Focus on lightweight armor to maintain agility and speed.
- Invest in skills and abilities that complement your Dexterity-based weapons, such as backstabbing and parrying.
- Consider using a shield with high stability to minimize the impact of enemy attacks on your stamina.
- Experiment with different dexterity-based weapons to find the one that best suits your playstyle.
- Remember to level up other essential stats like Endurance, Vigor, and Attunement to create a balanced character.
What does Dexterity do in Elden Ring?
Dexterity in Elden Ring affects your character’s agility and damage output with specific weapons. Higher Dexterity allows you to use a more extensive variety of fast weapons and increases the damage of weapons with high Dexterity scaling.
What are the best Dexterity weapons in Elden Ring?
Some of the best Dexterity-based weapons in Elden Ring include the Uchigatana, Moonveil Katana, Wakizashi, Hand of Malenia, Wing of Astel, Cross Naginata, Scythe, Hookclaws, Eleonora’s Poleblade, Bloodhound’s Fang, and Godskin Peeler.
What is the soft cap for Dexterity in Elden Ring?
The soft cap for Dexterity in Elden Ring is generally around 40. Beyond this point, investing more points in Dexterity will yield diminishing returns on your damage output with Dexterity-based weapons.
How do I level up Dexterity in Elden Ring?
To level up Dexterity in Elden Ring, you need to invest your character’s experience points (also known as “Runes”) into the Dexterity stat at a Site of Grace. Keep in mind the soft cap of 40 when leveling up Dexterity to ensure you’re maximizing your character’s potential.