The wide variety of casino options has given players so much variety that some hop from one casino to another. Doing this enables them to reap sign-up and deposit bonuses and rewards. But they may not know that this constant movement robs them of the chance to get in on loyalty programs. Just what are these programs, and how do they benefit players?
The Ins and Outs of Loyalty Programs
Competition has always followed any successful industry, and casinos are no different. The introduction of online casinos, which had few barriers to entry, allowed many operators to start providing services. Reputable casinos like Unibet Casino soon discovered that bonuses were the key to retaining their clients. And while many casinos doubled down on their sign-up and deposit bonuses, others struck gold with loyalty programs.
Loyalty programs reward players for playing on a site for a long time, and they come in the following forms:
In some casinos, players earn points each time they deposit money into their accounts and use it to place wagers on games. For example, a casino may offer a point for each dollar spent on a site. As such, the more a player uses the site, the more points they earn, and they can redeem these points for rewards and discounts. Such programs encourage players to stick to a site as this loyalty comes with benefits.
A good example would be the high-roller programs common on most sites. Since some players often wager more than a thousand dollars a month, they benefit from such programs as they can rack up many points fast.
Why do players like such programs?
- They benefit people who play with a lot of money such that they can recoup some of their investments,
- They are easy to understand – the more one plays, the more they earn, and
- They are easy to join – the terms and conditions of such programs are often straightforward, and players can start earning points immediately after they start using a site.
For such programs to be effective, earning points should be as simple as depositing and using money. Consider the ease of earning points when considering any such program.
While some casinos reward players for using money on games, others use a different approach. They offer rewards based on a player’s value to the site. Below are examples of such value:
- Players who use their referral codes to get their friends to sign up on the site,
- Players who follow the casino on social media and thus increase its following,
- Players who download the casino app,
- Players who write favorable reviews about the casino, which bring traction to the site, and
- People who share the casino on social media, thus increasing its traffic.
Such programs aim to increase engagement and thus get more clients. In most cases, casinos will use these programs in addition to point-based systems so that customers can reap from all angles. You can use your points to get discounts.
These systems are a lot like point-based systems. But instead of using a linear approach, they include tiers. For example, people with fewer than 1,000 points may be in the standard category. Those with up to 5,000 points may get the premium category, while those above this number of points would get a higher ranking. This hierarchy pushes players to aim for better points to unlock better rewards as the value of the bonuses decreases towards the lower rungs. As a result, these programs work best for high rollers who can qualify for better ranks without much effort.
Unlike the programs above, these are only available to players who are willing to part with a fee to join the program. Since they have an upfront fee, they often include exclusive access. For example, players in these programs may be the first to test new games and new technologies and can even win exclusive prizes like trips and money.
In most cases, a casino will combine a few of these programs to ensure that all players can get something that suits them.
Should You Join These Programs?
You may wonder if being part of these programs comes with any benefits. The answer is yes! Perks include the following:
- Cost savings: Regardless of the program you choose, you are sure to save money by getting redeemable points and discounts. For example, some sites may allow you to get a percentage off wagers if you reach certain points. Or you could get exclusive bonuses that other players cannot get.
- Exclusivity: Let’s be honest. Many people appreciate getting tailored bonuses. And this is one of the key benefits of being part of a program. You can get access to new games, exclusive events, tailored customer services, and even trips.
- Personalization: Casinos are always looking for ways to improve their service delivery. Often, loyalty program members are the first to test these services. You can look forward to personalized game recommendations, better payment methods, updates unavailable to other players, etc.
Besides these benefits, being part of a loyalty program is fun as it pushes you to play more and get more points. You still win even when you lose wagers, as you can redeem your plays in points. And best of all, you get to be part of a community as other people will be in the program with you. Sometimes, casinos organize events just for members, and you can form life-long connections with other members.