Gaming genres are no longer as clearly demarcated as they were a decade ago. The creativity level of game developers has reached an all time high. This, coupled with the enthusiastic response received from the gaming community, has encouraged the growth of hitherto unknown gaming genres.
While the most popular games are going nowhere in the new year, innovation in technology will ensure that new dimensions keep getting added to the world of gaming. Trends in the entertainment industry also provide inputs that can act as an impetus to new ideas.
Let us take a look at some of the top gaming genres that are likely to steal the spotlight in future.
- Metaverse Gaming – Metaverse is not the future anymore. It is the present and gaming has not remained untouched. Big gaming studios have already dabbled their hands in metaverse gaming with some getting success and some tasting failure.
In fact, it is said that metaverse gaming is going to remain a trending issue in the gaming industry due to the unique nature of the concept. Metaverse gaming is unlike any other popular game genre. For instance, unlike online casino games, offers like 15 euro ohne einzahlung casino are not required to attract patrons in Metaverse.
- Cloud Gaming – We are sure you have heard the phrase ‘everything is on the cloud’ and are tired of it. However, cloud computing and its power cannot be wished away, especially with the rapid expansion of 5G internet services even in the developing world.
The major reason behind gaming still being restricted to the elite and the middle class is the necessity of expensive hardware in the form of gaming consoles. With Gaming as a Service (GaaS) or cloud gaming, this is set to change forever. Further, cloud gaming or streaming games will completely eliminate the need for downloading games and save on storage space.
- Esports – Two decades back, if someone had told you that you can earn a hell lot of money just from playing video games, you would have had a hearty laugh. Today, Esports has made this a reality by allowing individual gamers to earn impressive money by indulging in competitive gaming.
The whole idea behind traditional gaming (not video games) was to ensure a healthy competitive spirit in children. While that has morphed into a source of revenue for a select few, Esports has had a big role in the same. Considering the audience that Esports has already attracted, it would not be a surprise if it is recognized as an Olympic sport one day.
- Blockchain Based Games – Blockchain is a concept that uses high-end encryption technologies to protect the authenticity of an online transaction from hackers and other unscrupulous elements. The entry of this concept into gaming has completely transformed the latter.
At the first glance, it seems appropriate that the incorporation of blockchain technology in gaming will make in-game purchases more secure than they are present. A deeper dive into this integration can ensure greater control of players over game assets as well as more options to manage game winnings.
- Fitness Gaming – Truly transformative nature of any trend can be seen when it turns the basic understanding of the field on its head. Fitness gaming has surely done the same to gaming cliches.
The increasing awareness among people when it comes to fitness has bumped the general impression that gaming is for those disinterested in physical activity. While fitness gaming has existed for years, it is surely gaining more traction these days and is sure to rock the world in the next decade.
- Cross Platform Gaming – Xbox or PlayStation? This debate has been going on for centuries. No, we are not, for a moment, hinting that this will be set to rest soon but yes, developers have always tried to create games that can be enjoyed irrespective of gaming consoles and platforms.
Today, gamers are demanding more and more control over how they enjoy their games. There is no doubt that cross platform gaming will soon become a legitimate demand. The barriers that exist for it to become a reality will be taken care of.
Virtual Reality (VR) and gaming integration with wearable devices are other gaming trends that need to be kept an eye on. Emerging technology and world order will affect the world of gaming as much as it affects the rest of the fields. However, it is the individual gamer who will be the beneficiary at the end.